For my trip to the Big Island of Hawaii in 2018, I bought a Clothink 28-Inch Suitcase.
I was looking for a hard case that wasn’t secured by a zipper. I wanted actual latches for better security. Also, I didn’t want to pay for a suitcase that was more expensive than my plane ticket.
If you’ve ever browsed suitcases on Amazon, you’ll know that there are a ton.
Well, I found the best solution for me: a suitcase by Clothink.
I don’t know much about the brand, but they have excellent communication on their product pages. The suitcase I bought also came with extra wheels in case the airlines or someone else breaks off the original ones. I mean, a suitcase without wheels these days is pretty useless.
Here’s a rundown of the suitcase:
- Available in different sizes (28”, 26”, 24”, 20”)
- Available in different colors (silver, black, white, rose gold, and more)
- Made from durable ABS + PC (I’m guessing types of plastic)
- Dimensions: 18.9 x 11 x 29.9 inches—this is the 28” one, the one that I got and is good for a week-long trip
- TSA-Friendly LOCK with a numbered password system, so you don’t need to worry about losing a key
- Four double lightweight spinner wheels for 360 Degree effortless mobility—it’s definitely a smooth ride
- Wheels are detachable, have a brake mechanism to keep your suitcase from rolling away
- Two spare wheels are included with the case
- Weight: 16.53 pounds—for a hard case, that’s pretty light and gives you a lot of weight that you can stuff in the case and still not go over the weight limit
- The frame is made of aluminum, which is going to be stronger and more secure than any zippered case
- Roomy interior with mesh pockets and other nooks and crannies that’ll help you keep your belongings organized
I’ve only taken this baby on one trip, but it’s held up well. The last hard case I had before this one, the corner got smashed right away.
If you honestly can’t spend this much on a suitcase, here’s a cheaper alternative.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.